Innovation and Advances in Diabetes
The number of people with diabetes and the global prevalence of diabetes continues to rise (WHO), and the UK is heading towards more than 5 million people having diabetes by 2025 (Diabetes UK). There are many innovations and advances in diabetes – this event will discuss some of the advances including technological, surgical, and medical.
Special guest speaker: The Hon Andrea Jenkyns MP
Keynote Panel speakers:
- Dr Alex Miras MRCP PhD, Senior Lecturer and Consultant in Endocrinology, Imperial College, London – to talk about Medical Management of Obesity and Diabetes
- Professor Francesco Rubino, Chair of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Kings College London – to talk about Modern Surgical management of Diabetes
- Professor Peter Friend, University of Oxford, Director of the Oxford Transplant Centre – to talk about Pancreas Transplantation
- Chris Edson, CEO, OurPath – to talk about Digital Diabetes Prevention.
The Lord Ribeiro CBE, Chair of Confidential Reporting Systems in Surgery and the Independent Reconfiguration Panel, Vice Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Global Health, former President of the Royal College of Surgeons and the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland.
Professor Nadey Hakim MD PhD, Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur , Imperial College President’s Envoy , Vice President Conservative Health ,Ambassador of the APPG for Diabetes , and
- Student/Darzi Fellows£5£50£0